The Paycheck Protection Program is back.
For millions of small business owners still struggling to pay rent and employ workers, the federal government’s forgivable loan program is a lifeline. This round looks a little different than the original that launched in the spring. It’s aimed at even smaller businesses, and provides special funding for the service sector, nonprofits, and under-represented entrepreneurs.
On Tuesday, January 5, Insider hosted a webinar detailing what the $325 billion in funding means for business owners and answered questions live from more than 200 attendees.
Insider’s entrepreneurship editor Bartie Scott and small business reporter Jennifer Ortakales Dawkins discussed:
- What’s different between this round of PPP and the first one in the spring
- Special provisions for service industry companies and under-represented entrepreneurs
- How to know if you’re eligible
- What materials you’ll need to apply
- What we know about the timeline so far
- The how and why of loan forgiveness
Watch the full webinar above. For more details on the Paycheck Protection Program and other funding options, check out additiona coverage below.